One of the other more recent woodworking projects I’ve completed were two walnut end tables for the living room.
I decided to make the end tables compact to help cut down on clutter than might accumulate on them if there was abundant acreage sitting around waiting for magazines, glasses, and unopened mail to pile up.
I found some really beautiful walnut at the lumber yard with a piece that was nearly perfect for the table tops. It was just a wee bit undersized by about an inch so I had to joint and glue a small strip from the same board to increase the width slightly. The joint lines are nearly invisible in the finished table tops and I honestly never see them unless I look for them now.
I created a single drawer and shelf for storage of the bits and bobs that usually pile up on top of the end tables and they have worked out quite well since completing them in November.
I checked with the boss and she said they would be okay.
There’s another one just like that one at the other end of the couch…